third type of grow light has appeared on the market in the past
few years. Light Emitting Diode (LED) grow lights offer some
unique qualities that have stirred a lot of interest among
hydroponic gardeners. Unfortunately, the low power available
from the earliest versions of LED grow lights, along with high
cost per watt of output, has kept them from widespread use.
With the introduction of LED grow lights to the marketplace and ample testing, LED grow lights are finally justified. LED's uses a high-density LED array in these lights. Special optics make the most of the light from those arrays, packing surprising growing power in a small, self-contained unit that uses only 36 watts of electricity to produce 32 watts of usable light. The heat management system is built in, allowing maximum efficiency and long life.
ADVANTAGES IN LED GROW LIGHTS
Here are some of the advantages that LED Grow Lighting has to offer. For further explanation, please call us or come in and talk to our experienced sales staff.
• Compact Size - Easy to include in smaller reflective growing areas.
• Self Contained - No ballasts required. Just plug and go.
• Low Heat - LED grow lights run far cooler than other grow lights.
• Long Life - No expensive bulbs to replace frequently.
• Multiple Spectrum Lighting - Customize lights for special needs.
• Use with Other Grow Lights - Add LED lighting to supplement other lights.
Although many growers are still reluctant in the LED technology, it is a great cost saving alternative to HID lighting and is starting to catch the eye of the more experienced indoor gardener.